Monday, January 3, 2011

A Little Sacrifice Goes A Long Way

Needless to say, when I quit my corporate job to write full time, I had to make sacrifices. No paid vacations. No sick days. No taking it easy...at least without having to pay the price for it. And my young family had to make sacrifices as well. I could argue...and my wife most certainly would...that they've sacrificed more than I have.

But let's not kid ourselves, if you're going to make sacrifices, do it for something you love. How many times do we find ourselves sacrificing our time and our resources for something we don't love to do in the first place? I would argue...PLENTY.

If you can do one thing for yourself in this new year, make the sacrifices that pay off. Sacrifice something you do because you've always done it, to take that risk. Sacrifice your old life, your old habits, your old ideas...and trade them for a year that you are going to do things differently. Frankly, that's a sacrifice that we can't afford NOT to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment